Friday, April 30, 2010

99 Red Balloons


























































A piece I am working on for Canteen Gallery, and their upcoming group show. The theme, of the show, is the song "99 Luft Balloons." A couple of people that I went to Art Center with are also in this show, such as, Eunice San Miguel, Shannon Freshwater and Connie Wong.

I tried to illustrate the paranoia that existed in the story. Red balloons are being carried by clouds shaped like missiles in the air. Their collective paranoia which only exist in their imagination I tried to show through merged thought bubbles that imitate black smoke after a firey devastation. And their bodies made out of hands are to show their concern for their sense of security.

I don't know what I am going to title it, yet.

**edit**
I just found out I misunderstood and it's not about the song, but an open concept that must include the theme of 99 red balloons.



© Julie Yeo
contact: JulieYeo87@gmail.com

2 comments:

Eunice San Miguel said...

Ah! New POST!
I love it, Julie!
I'm also in that show... hahaha

JulieYeo said...

Awesome! I finally have the honor of showing with you :)